April 3, 2020
FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR STAFF DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, WE HAVE PUT A WORK FROM HOME PROCEDURE IN PLACE. THE CHURCH OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
THE CHURCH WILL RECEIVE AND CHECK MAIL AND PACKAGES DAILY.
FOR ASSISTANCE LEAVE A MESSAGE, AND WE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL.
ACCESS OUR AT-HOME WORSHIP GUIDE HERE
Worship will begin Sunday at 11am.
Sermon Notes are at the link below:
The livestream can be found here:
March 26, 2020
FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR STAFF, MEMBERS, AND GUESTS DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, OUR NORMAL ON-CAMPUS WORSHIP SERVICE EXPERIENCE WILL BE ONLINE ONLY ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
WORSHIP WITH US LIVE AT 11:00 AM IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
KMID (ABC) CHANNEL 2
SPARKLIGHT CABLE CHANNEL 72
Canceled until further notice:
- Sunday afternoon and evening activities
- Wednesday night activities
- Midweek meetings and gatherings
- All events canceled for March and April
Our Child Daycare Center is open for regular operation: M - F 7:00 am until 5:30 pm.
Church offices are open M - TH 8:30 am until 5:00 pm and closed on Friday.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK FACEBOOK AND OUR WEBSITE (WWW.FBCODESSA.COM) FOR UPDATED INFORMATION
March 18, 2020
Here are our 7 steps of action for the coming days!
- Widows and Senior Adults will be given priority because this scare will potentially impact them more than all others. For people who have gathered to worship for decades, and this being their number one source of interaction with their friends, this will be a grievous time. You will see specifics on caring for this group in a moment.
- Regular Social Media Video Info/Encouragement will begin this Wednesday and will be released at 3:00pm. The purpose of these video updates will be to give me an opportunity to speak to our church and keep the church family apprised of all that is transpiring. It will be an opportunity for our pastor to encourage our people as well as share information. We will also be requesting that if there are direct needs that we can assist with, please let us know. For example, if we need to pick up medicine or do grocery shopping for our senior adults, we stand ready to do so. If we need to help with transportation needs or anything else that will be of help, we want to be ready to do the ministry God has planned for us to do.
- Daily Prayer Hotline – We will establish a designated telephone line to handle all incoming prayer needs. We will advertise this during my daily encouragement videos and on all social media outlets. The purpose is to be available to counsel and pray with individuals within and without our family. There are many people who are more worried than they have ever been, many are in a panic because of the uncertainty of how this will all end up. There will be many who will suffer from depression and anxiety. We can be a place of calm refuge for many even through a telephone conversation.
- Family Check-In Telephone Ministry – It is critical that we maintain family continuity and connection during this desperate time. Our church family need to know that we are there for them. They need to know we have not abandoned any of them. Therefore, we will establish a routine of calling our entire church role to “check on the family.” While we will give extra special attention to our widows and senior adults, we will call our entire church family.
- Family Worship Guide – This will be a weekly written plan for bible study, scripture memorization, and encouragement for our families to utilize for home worship. The first one will be released this coming Sunday afternoon.
- Worship Service – Live service this Sunday at 10:30. We may do a different approach the next week, but for this Sunday I will preach from the pulpit on the platform.
- Mission Opportunities – We will coordinate with the PBMC the possibility for delivering food boxes to those who have self-quarantined.